Monday, June 5, 2017

What a week!

Hola Amigos!
I'm sorry for the late post--I know you are all itching to know what I have been up to for this past week. I was gone for the weekend in Lagos, and when i arrived home, the wifi was out at my
host mom's house. :(

My week was started on Monday by visiting the Archivo de Indias, which today, is an archive of people's journey to the New World (aka the Americas and Philippines), including Christopher Columbus' journey and maps and Pope Alexander VI letter that divided Spain and Portugal. The place was originally built after there was a need to find a new trading spot in Spain, and Sevilla was the perfect spot as it had easy access from the river. This was a cool place to visit, but you can only see so many old books, unless you're really into history.


The rest of my week consisted of visits to the Plaza de Espana, Hospital de Caridad, and the Museo de Bellas Artes (Museum of Fine Arts). All were amazing to see but the Plaza de Espana became my new favorite location.


The plaza was created in 1929 for the Ibero-American Exposition World's Fair that Seville hosted.
Today is consists mainly of Government buildings, but it is also the main tourist attraction for Seville. To make it even cooler, it was used as a filming location for many famous movies, but the most famous is Star Wars - Attack of the Clones!

I was able to fit in some activities in before the weekend besides my exam I had on Wednesday (Yes, we have exams here) such as walking around the city and trying new food (such as churros and montaditos, which are little sandwiches) and I was able to paint a tile with watercolor that got fired in a kiln, which is a very popular thing to do in Seville.

All in all, it was a great second week in Sevilla!

PS - I'm sorry that I don't have any photos for this week, my phone randomly decided to delete all my pictures so i am currently in the process of restoring them!

No comments:

Post a Comment